The Nebula

This was a really fun piece to paint as I had to problem solve along the way as some of my plans didn’t quite work out. The paper itself was a little too absorbent of the black ink and then some of my colour mixes didn’t perform. So I just made adjustments to the approach and I think overall it worked out really well.

I wasn’t quite sure what the nebula was going to look like, I had some basic shapes in mind but then I let the paint find its own way. The nebula itself is a mix of water soluble acrylics and the whole piece is a big A3 size.

I gave more of a detailed breakdown of my approach as always over on Patreon.

Remember if you dig my stuff and wouldn’t mind seeing semi-daily journal entries which include sneak peeks, behind the scenes and first looks then head over to Patreon and subscribe for as little as $1 (US) a month.